SPRINT’s Auxiliary Police is a 24-hour patrol team provided to assist our road users during emergency cases along SPRINT Highways. To ensure a safe and comfortable journey for our road users, we provide a free-of-charge and around-the-clock patrol service; ever ready to take action whenever needed. SPRINT’s Auxiliary Police can be reached through our speed dial – LITRAK Helpline; 03-7494 7333. LITRAK Helpline also serves as an information portal for any inquiries and support related to SPRINT Highway. For easy reference, LITRAK Helpline phone number is printed behind the toll payment receipt.
Until the end of 2012, SPRINT’s Auxiliary Police was formerly known as SPRINT Ronda Team. To enhance their credibility, in 2013, they went through 2-months extensive training at PULAPOL before being accredited as certified Auxiliary Police.
These trainings were supervised under the Department of Crime Prevention and Safety Community (JPNKK), PDRM Bukit Aman. We were the first urban highway to establish an Auxiliary Police team for the benefits of our user and the second concessionaire to take this initiative after PLUS.
The Auxiliary Police is responsible for :
- Monitoring and reporting any highways anomalies to HQ, particularly concerning user’s safety issue (i.e. fallen trees, flash flood, etc);
- Filing a First Information Report (FIR) at Police for any accidents occurred on SPRINT Highway;
- Providing immediate and around-the-clock assistance for SPRINT Highway’s users;
- Conducting 24/7 surveillance on SPRINT Highway;
- Managing traffic flow in the event of vehicle breakdowns, traffic congestions, malfunction traffic lights, accidents, or any traffic issues occurring on SPRINT Highway;
- Supervising traffic flow at congested areas due to weaving issue/queue jumping;
- Reporting any maintenance issue such as oil spill, potholes, damaged sound barriers/ dividers, road debris, or anything that might raise safety concern towards SPRINT Highway’s users;
- Providing towing assistance for vehicle breakdown or accidents along SPRINT Highway; and,
- Examining work permits for road works along SPRINT Highway.
At the moment, SPRINT’s Auxiliary Police consists of 30 officers – headquartered at SPRINT Maintenance Depot. They are on patrol 24/7. If you are on-road and need immediate assistance, keep calm and call our speed dial. Support will be on your way – anytime and anywhere on SPRINT Highway!